of 2018. It will show how ID4Africa uses and protects any information that you provide when you sign up to receive our newsletters, register to attend any of our events or when contacting us expressing interest in receiving information and notifications related to any of our activities.
ID4Africa is committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when interacting with us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
ID4Africa may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 25, 2018.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our data protection practices or regarding any data pertaining to you held in the ID4Africa database, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Tel: +86 21 3120 0321 (Ext18)
What we collect
ID4Africa is committed to minimizing the identifying information it collects about individuals that it interacts with in the course of conduct of its activities. As such we may collect the following minimal set of personally identifying information:
- Name, gender, job title and affiliation
- Contact information including email address(es) and telephone numbers, location and physical address, passport details (if in case we’re requested to assist with your flight, visa or accommodation details to attend any of our events).
- Contact email address and telephone number for a key liaison person whose information is provided by you, to handle your participation at, or registration for, any of our events.
- Industry segment
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to:
- Keep you informed about our activities and specifically about our upcoming events
- Provide you with post-event related information such as access to meeting presentation files, conference reports, photos and other such related content.
- Promote awareness regarding the importance of identity.
- Provide assistance for travel arrangements including flight bookings, visa application and hotel accommodation, to attend any of our events.
For points 1, 2, 3 & 4 above, we do this either through newsletters or general communication emails. If the information was gathered from our event registration processes, the data is also used strictly for internal record keeping and for planning purposes related to the conduct of our events.
We may periodically send informational emails (newsletters) or promotional emails (offers for your company to participate in our events as speakers, exhibitors or authors of pertinent subject matter articles) and other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address(es) which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by inviting you to influence or participate in surveys. We may contact you by email, or phone.
Your data will be kept secure and private. Under no circumstances will your information be shared or transferred to any third-party individual or organization outside of ID4Africa, unless you provide us with prior explicit consent related to such circumstance should the need arise.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and from our registration processes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, ID4Africa will not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, particularly if such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under no circumstances will your information be shared or transferred to any third party outside of ID4Africa, unless you provide us with prior explicit consent related to such circumstance should the need arise.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any individual or third party company unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so.
Since we only hold the above mentioned information about you per our data minimization policy, there is no other type of personal information about you in our database. You can still receive written confirmation of what we hold, and how your data is used, by contacting our Data Protection Officer. Please note, there may be a small fee to process such requests.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact our Data Protection Officer. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If at any point you would like to request that your information, or the contact details of the liaison person you have introduced is to be completely removed from our database, please contact our Data Protection Officer. We will promptly carry out your request and will provide one final communication to confirm that your request has been carried out.
If you have any issues or concerns please contact our Data Protection Officer, Shauna Taylor at email@example.com or +86 21 3120 0321 for further input.